(localisation not exact, possible mistake up to 150 metres)
|No:||143 (list of all monuments)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||Riga, Skirotava, in the corner of Slavu Street and Krustpils Street, in the area of supermarket "Azur"|
|Versions of name:||Dreiliņu muiža, Dreilingsbusch, Dreilingshof, Stadtgut Dreylingsbusch|
|Year of construction:||17th c.?|
|Condition:||Does not exist|
Most likely name of Dreilini neighborhood comes from the ancient Dreilini manor (Dreilinmuiza), although Dreilinmuiza was located some kilometres from contemporary Dreilini. Name of this manor comes from the owners Dreilings. Ancestors of the owner of manor, town councillor Melhior Dreiling were family of well known German nobleman as testified by Mannerism style stone plates in Riga Dom cathedral.
There are written sources testifying that Russian field-marchal Boris Sheremetev made his military camp in Dreilinmuiza in 1709 - 1710 during the siege of Riga. Here in July 1710 was signed surrender of Riga and "voluntary surrender" of Vidzeme nobility and Riga city council and guilds to tsar of Russia.
During the first independence of Latvia in the area of old manor of Dreilini there was located gardening of Riga city and garden of Janis Zlaugotnis - Cukurs.
In the work of J.C.Brotze (3., p.79.) Dreilini manor is marked in a map from 1700. From the manor towards Riga is shown a causeway, manor is located next to a small stream.
ⓒ 2009 Gatis Pavils