(localisation not exact, possible mistake up to 60 metres)
|No:||127 (list of all monuments)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||Riga, Pleskodaāle, south from Jurkalnes Street near Vecaines Street|
|Versions of name:||Sampetra muiza, Prestinga muiza, Prestina muiza, Landendorfa muiza, Ludekdorfa muiza, Hof Champêtre|
|Year of construction:||18th c.?|
|Condition:||Does not exist|
Sampeteris manor in 18th century was named after its owners - manor of Presting and manor of Landendorff. At the second half of 18th century manor house was obtained by Otto Hermann von Vietinghoff - named Scheel. Manor was named - Champêtre (from French - "rural"), and as time went by it was transformed to Sampeteris. In 1795 this manor was became property of Otto Heinrich von Igelström.
In 19th century in the area of Sampeteris manor there were developed manufactures - vinegar manufacture (1803), brewery (1856), litography (1899). In the turn of centuries up to 1930ies manor house belonged to von Derks family. During the Second World War here was located hospital of German soldiers. After the war it was used as dormitory for workers of nearby factories, mainly textile factory "Sarkanā tekstilniece". In 1990is the building was abandoned and demolished, dismantled in 1998.
Nowadays there has been preserved only part of the old manor park with small pond.
There are stories about the frequent change of owners - the reason for this could be the goblin of the old house - it was well-disposed to some, and teased others by hiding household utensils..