(localisation not exact, possible mistake up to 400 metres)
|No:||81 (list of all monuments)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||Riga, Ilguciems, approximately in the area of Lidonu Street - Balta Street|
|Versions of name:||Hiligen geest hove, Heiligen Geist Hof, Heiligengeisthof|
|Year of construction:||15th c.?|
|Condition:||Does not exist|
History of the manor of Holy Spirit extends into middle ages and it has given a name to Ilguciems neighborhood. Manor house has not been preserved.
Already in 1226 the Convent of Holy Spirit with the allotment of papal legate Wilhelm of Modena got at their disposal an area in Pardaugava, around the mouth of Zunds (Little Daugava), in the front of Kipsala island. To the north from this area there were located Spilve meadows. This rural property - small manor with household buildings which formed at its latest in the middle of 15th century - was named in Lover German Hiligen geest hove (Heiligen Geist Hof). Whole surroundings got a name from this - Hiligzeem, what transformed to Ilgezeem - Ilguciems in 19th century.
Around this manor there developed a village - Ilguciems. It was razed in the time of Great Northern War - in early 18th century. Possibly manor perished in these events.