|Coordinates:||56°57'51,07'' N 24°04'17,86'' E Google Maps|
|No:||79 (list of all monuments)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||Riga, Ilguciems, Daugavgrivas Street 67, inner yard|
|Year of construction:||Late 18th c. - early 19th c.|
|Conservation status:||Not protected|
Owner of Ilguciems factory manor next to his factory in the late 18th century or early 19th century built apartment house - exceptional and comparatively old monument of wooden architecture which in peculiar way shows the transition from the outskirts of town to city apartment house.
This wooden building with its household buildings possibly was one of the largest wooden apartment buildings in Riga at its time. Nowadays this building in a visually overpowering way is "squeezed" among the factory blocks - also mostly historical buildings.
Surrounding buildings have been built in the second half of 19th century. Here manufacturer F.Haselkuss established his manufacture in 1827. Factory in 1846 became a J.G.Schopfeler manufacture of broadcloth. In 1882 here existed joint-stock company "Iļģeciema vilnas austuve" (Ilguciems wool weaver's workshop). During the 2nd World War here were produced details for German submarines, in the times of Soviet occupation - workshop of mechanical optics for Soviet Army.
The house is build of horizontal beams - there is selected high quality wooden material - enormous kumbers. House has got two floors, roof with two slopes. The enormous windows in both floors have the same size. House has been built on high plinth of perfectly hewn dolostone blocks.
The beuilding is not ornate - the only decorative elements are the portal (now walled up) and a pari of lucarnes with low-pitched rofs.
Earlier as here was dismantled smaller wooden apartment building it was revealed that the building has been rebuilt - wooden details have been numbered, house dismantled and after necessary repairs assembled again.