(localisation not exact, possible mistake up to 200 metres)
|No:||54 (list of all monuments)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||Riga, Centrs, approximately in the area of Vermane Gardens, Merkela Street and Terbata Street|
|Versions of name:||Duvela muiza, Duvels hove|
|Year of construction:||14th - 15th. c.|
|Condition:||Does not exist|
Duvel manor was located near Smilsu road (Sand rod) which was leading from Riga to north. When diverting from the road to the north and crossing Ridzene stream across Duvel bridge on the other bank there was Duvel manor.
First mentioned in 1355. Next to it there was also a manor of clergy (curia domin Prioris). Duvel manor together with the surrounding gardens belonged to Riga city. As the time went by, surrounding gardens were covered with buildings. In 15th century the Duvel manor was transferred to Livonian Order, order in turn handed it over to Riga dean in 1435, clergy rented it to householder Henrik Loninge in 1485.