(localisation not exact, possible mistake up to 50 metres)
|No:||50 (list of all monuments)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||Riga, Bulli, near Vetra Street|
|Versions of name:||Bullenhof|
|Year of construction:||15th c.|
|Condition:||Does not exist|
This manor house has been first mentioned in 1495 and was property of Johann Bildering (Buldering). It is possible that it got its name from him and later the same name was given to the Bullupe - former main bed of Lielupe river. But it is more possible that it got its name from the widebody boats used here - Die Bulle (German)(4.). Later, at the end of 16th century it was property of the secretary of Courland duke Paul Spankau. He was owner of manor also in 1621, as approved by king of Sweden Gustav Adolphus. Manor is shown on the map from J.C.Brotze dated with 1783. Nowadays just few subsidiary buildings remain.