|Coordinates:||57°21'44,9'' N 25°05'19,34'' E Google Maps|
|No:||14 (full list of landmarks)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||(Cesis district), Pargauja region, Raiskums municipality, north from Lake Ungurs, in Ungurmuiza|
|Year of construction:||1732|
|Conservation status:||Architecture monument of state importance No.6260 (whole complex of buildings with park).|
Ungurmuiza manor house belongs to oldest wooden palaces in Latvia - it is constructed in 1732, rather soon after the Great Northern War. In these hard times in Russian Empire it was forbidden to construct stone houses outside St.Petersburg. Rebuilt in 1747. - 1753.
The ornate and harmonious Barocco style building has survived up to this day in surprisingly good condition, there has been preserved also a park with numerous enormous trees, several more Barocco style buildings - all together forming an outstanding example of cultural landscape. Manor house is adorned with distinguished wall paintings from 1750 - 1762 by Limbazi decorator Georg Dietrich Hirsch, there are other valuable monuments of art.