(localisation not exact, possible mistake up to 150 metres)
|No:||135 (list of all monuments)|
|Category:||Palaces and manor houses|
|Address:||Riga, Sarkandaugava, Aptiekas Street 7/9|
|Versions of name:||Bernera muižiņa, Bernersche Hof, Vogts Höfchen|
|Year of construction:||18th c.|
|Condition:||Does not exist|
Manor house was located next to Sarkandaugava distributary and its history is linked to development of industry in this part of Riga.
this manor house was build in sand plains behind the Second garden of Emperor (Otrais Ķeizardārzs) by the elder of Riga Great guild and merchant Gabriel Leonhardt Berner after 1740. For quite a time around the manor hosue there was sandy flat without any fields, arable land. Berner died in 1793 and manor was inherited by his son Johan Gabriel, who in turn died in 1799 as a very affluent man. He did not have any descendants and manor became property of counsellor to court Johan Gottlieb Kristian Voigt. Already in 1828 in the manor there is living english manufacturer Rohard Hunt - he established the first sawmill operated by steam in 1819 at very mouth of Sarkandaugava. This enterprise gave name to Tvaika and Zageru streets (respectively - Steam and Sawer Streets).
In 1832 R.Hunt established iron foundry in area of manor. A year later he died and properties were purchased by merchant Johan Kristoff Vehrmann, manor was inherited later by his sons.
At the first half of 19th century manor transformed from summerhouse to industrial district.
Manor house has been shown in the map of J.C.Brotze dated with 1805, as well as in two drawings by Brotze dated with 1803. Drawings show two floor wooden building with steep tiled roof, with dormers. Pediments built in fachwerk technique.
This manor hosue has not been preserved.